Monday, October 6, 2008

Reconnected

This last week I got reconnected with a favorite of mine. Erik and I were talking about his possible trip to Ann Arbor in Michigan and we got to wondering if Linda and Chris Medina were still living there. Chris was one of my "babies" that I had from 6 weeks old until he moved to Michigan before he started 7th grade. I am sure Chris is thankful for that because his mom, Linda, had told him he was coming to my house until he was 21. Well, I started with the lastest phone number, got ahold of Linda's mom who gave me Linda's cell phone. So, I called the number and at the other end was a VERY shocked Linda. All is great with them and Chris, who will turn 22 (YIKES!) in November, is going to school to be a respatory (spelled wrong) therapist. Wow, he has done good and how in the heck did he get that old?? I sent him a text and he responded that he missed me. AWWWWW. Linda gave me her email address so now she is in for it. It is so good to reconnect with someone so special from your past and actually have them glad to hear from you. I have a so-so week ahead of me. Rick is on Las Vegas right now until tomorrow, so I am liking being able to vacuum and do things early in the day. I am SO totally a morning person. Last night we went to Home Town Buffet for Adam's birthday dinner, his choice. Tonight is Monday night football and Thursday is Aiden's soccer game, then FRIDAY!!!!! Saturday is a big day, Christianne and Oliver are getting married, can't wait. It seems like it has taken forever to get to this day, but now it is upon us. I am going to go on one of the weather sites and see how the weather is gong to be. They are getting married on the beach, and I can't wait to see her dress, Kim tells me it is spectacular. OK, time to get started on my day, make my never ending lists. So far, no kids.

No comments: