Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Weekend!!

Wow, did we have fun this last weekend. On Saturday morning, Rick, myself, Erik and Jamie flew to Sacramento to go to a wedding. Alex's good friend, Shmike married Brenna. We were able to check into our room early, so we had time to press out the wrinkles of our clothes and relax after the flight. OK, I had to relax, I HATE flying. Alex and Jamie were at the same place, so we got to see them before the wedding. Jamie, in fact, rode with us to the church. Good thing, because she knew where we were going. Even though Rick gave Alex and Shmike a ride to the church, he still was unclear as to how to get there. The girls, Jamie and Jamie, looked absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, I am so proud of my family!! The church that the wedding was held in was SOOOOO beautiful!! The stained glass windows were unbelievable. I was telling another guest, that if you weren't Catholic when you went in there, it sure made you want to be. The ceremony was unique to the couple, Brenna being Scottish and Shmike being Irish. Most of the men in Brenna's family wore kilts and both mothers of the wedding couple wore their family tartans. Brenna was piped in by a bagpipe, it gave me chills. I was raised with this music because my grandfather, who I never met because he died when my dad was young, was the chief of the Stewart clan in Scotland. If you are interested I can tell you about his funeral. Anyway, the ceremony was beautiful. After the ceremony, they came outside and released doves. When the lady went to release the rest of the doves, it was duck and cover for Jamie C, she gets pooped on at every outdoor wedding. In fact, Jamie B gave her a gentle push towards us so that she was out of the line of fire. The reception was a blast. I still am wary of my knee, but I really enjoy watching. My kids were on the dance floor most of the time and it made me smile ear to ear to watch them. They are really good dancers. Jamie caught the bouquet, good thing, we have a wedding in May!!!! Yesterday we went over to my brother Steve's house for the day. It was great to visit with them and Stacey made some great food. I came away with a recipe for carnitas. Stacey cracks me up, instead of stars, she rates her recipes with YUMS, the carnitas recipe is a double yum!! I am sure both Jamies will post pictures on their blogs soon from the wedding. Now, it is back to the grind. I had fun, but it is good to be home.

No comments: