Monday, March 23, 2009

What A Weekend

Yesterday was the end of a great weekend for me. On Friday, we went to the Starr's to see the Hodnicks. We had a nice visit with Paul, Chris and Ashley. Colleen put out a spread that would have fed 100. Then Saturday night, we went to Dave's 60th birthday party. We got to see people that we haven't seen in FOREVER!!! Great time. Then yesterday we had Erik and Jamie's family shower. The day started out with RAIN and lots of it. Erik was out in the weather planting plants in the front. Poor guy was soaked. He then left for his tux fitting and the rain stopped, go figure. It was a mad dash to get things dried and set up before everyone showed up. Thank goodness Vicky showed up early or I would have never been close to being ready. Tyler got up and we put him to work too. Between the two of them they saved me. The afternoon turned out beautiful!! It was a little on the chilly side, but the sky was blue. There were a LOT of people here. I decided to put out all food, appetizers, main dishes and dessert at once. It worked!!! I have learned from other parties that it can be done. We had the BEST dessert table. I am so lucky that Colleen has these great serving dishes that I can borrow. Vicky's daughter in law made pastries and Vicky made her famous cheese cake in cupcake form. AWESOME!! Erik and Jamie got a lot of great gifts. There was a lot of thought put into them. I personally loved the gift from Cindy and Larry, it was a ladder!!!! I now have Easter coming up and I hope that it is as successful as the shower. Well, back to cleaning up the mess. Thanks to everyone who helped Erik and Jamie have such a great day.

No comments: