Thursday, December 3, 2009

He's Here!!!

Liam James if FINALLY here!! It seemed like only a few days since Aiden stood on a chair in Roscoes to show me his "Big Brother" shirt to surprise me with the announcement. Liam is such a chunk, he came into the world at 8 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. He gets to go home today. We are going to go over on Saturday, take some food and smother that baby with kisses. I have special stuff for Aiden, he is going to be the best big brother. He was SOOOOO excited when he got picked up from school to go to the hospital. There were quite a few of us in the waiting room and talk about a sign of the times............... at a little after 7, ALL of our cell phones went off at once with the announcement from Alex that Liam came into the world at 6:18 PM. A few minutes later, Alex came down and got Aiden, Jamie's dad, and me and Rick so we could go see him. Aiden was SO cute. He gave Liam a little glow worm that plays songs and was more than happy to see him and Jamie. It tore my heart out though because as soon as Aiden realized that Jamie and Liam weren't coming home, he got very upset. He had me in tears too. Erik and Jamie took him home to his house and stayed the night with him and he got to go back early the next morning. Now, today they will ALL be going home and getting settled. It will kill me, but I am going to give them a couple of days to be their own little family... THEN I will pounce!!!!

No comments: