Thursday, January 31, 2008

ATM Nightmare

Don't ever make a mistake at the ATM. Geez, I made a $1 mistake in the amount of a deposit and by the time I realized it, the bank had canceled my debit card and the error was one dollar less than I was actually depositing. No biggie, I went down to my branch and Tami gave me a temporary one and ordered a new one. Good, then when I went to check my balance online, I was denied access. So, I called the 800 number and I was told that you can't get online access with a "temporary" card. Evi told me that she could have a new permanent card overnighted to me. GREAT, the other one wasn't going to be here until Feb. 6th. When I went to check the UPS site, the tracking number that the bank gave me was 1 that had, online, showed the delivery made Feb 7, 2007 in LA. OK, back to the 800 number, after speaking to Ricardo, Nancy and Maria (3 seperate calls), I was still in the same spot. So, I called UPS directly and they had the same tracking number for the same year old delivery. While I am on the phone UPS shows up with the new card. YEA!!!!!!!!!!! On my way back from picking up Garin from school, I stopped and used the new card at the ATM to activate it. When I came home to go online, I was denied access. TO THE 800 NUMBER!!! A very nice lady walked me thru the process to reactivate my online process. When I made the comment that the cards sure have changed because the MasterCard logo wasn't on the front, she told me that I got a banking card not a debit card that can be used as a credit card ( I order a lot of stuff online). She then told me, after putting me on hold, that I had to go to my bank branch and have them "override" the banking card so that I could get a debit card. What a freaking hassle for a $1.00 error. So, Rachel set me up with a overnight delivery of a debit card, lets just hope I don't miss the UPS man when he shows up. Notice I used brown lettering!!! On the bright side, today is Alex and Jamies annniversery. They seem to have it all, I am so happy for them. They have been married for 4 years, together for 10. It has been a wonderful 10 years for me. I know I will have the same with Tyler & Shelley and Erik & Jamie. Thank God tomorrow is Friday!!!

No comments: