Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Weekend

I had a really great weekend. Saturday night, we got to have Aiden here for a few hours while Alex and Jamie worked at their Chronic Taco. He had a blast and he ran and ran with Payton for almost the whole time. We also had people over to BBQ and play cards. Visitors and get to be a Grandma all in the same day, WONDERFUL. Payton was golden with him, of course she is used to small kids, and Aiden warmed up to her in a short time. A 74 pound dog is scary to someone who isn't around them on a regular basis. Erik even said he has never seen Payton behave so well. She did try to get his soccer ball, but after enough NO's she gave up. Then on Sunday, I had a great Mothers Day. Erik and Jamie gave me a photo key chain that I can put up to 50 pictures on. Rick gave me a couple of cards, he paid to have my hair done, and I thought that was it for the day. But, I was wrong. Erik cooked a fabulous dinner and everybody was here for it. I TOTALLY did not expect that. Aiden made me a photo frame that says Nana on it and his name and the year were on the bottom. I am overwhelmed that Jamie took the time to do that for me. Aiden had a great time playing with Alex in the backyard and Payton was a little bad at times. She grabbed his soccer ball a lot, but eventually gave it up. We are still working on her behavior, she is still a puppy, 18 months, and it is an on going process. Right this moment, Payton has Tristan and Alyssa on one end of her "tug of war" rope and it pulling them all over the yard. I am looking forward to the next time we can have Aiden again, I am so jealous of all my friends that are grandparents and are always talking about the times when their grandkids are over. I am working on Rick to get one of those wood playsets to have for when he comes over. He is at the age where he would really like to have something like that to play on. Well, I am going to go and look at my frame again.

No comments: