Sunday, June 8, 2008

We Have Dress

Yesterday was a new experience for me. I went with Jamie, her mom Shira, and her best friend Christina to go dress shopping for Jamie's dress and to look at bridesmaid dresses. Jamie had already done a scouting trip and knew what she liked. The dress she first fell in love with is the one she got. Jamie tried on a few others, and they all looked good on her. BUT, when she came out with "THE ONE", I started to cry I was so overcome. I didn't know it was the dress she liked from the beginning. Jamie had Christina try on both of the style of dresses for bridesmaids that she liked and found the dress for them also. They are going to look so beautiful. We then went out to a girls lunch at the Red Robin because we had 2 hours to kill before we had to meet Gary and Rick and the potential site for the reception. I cannot remember the last time I did this, I almost didn't know what to do. We then went to Muckenthaler Mansion and there we had success also. Jamie will find out Monday if the day she picked is available. It is going to be an outdoor wedding and reception. We got to see the tent (it is only a top) set up for another wedding and it is just what Jamie and Erik want. Very simple, very nice. After Rick and I left, the others made a stop to see Jamie's grandma. Then they went back to the dress store so that Jamie could try on the dress she likes for her dad. Well, Gary bought a dress and I would have loved to been there to see his face when Jamie tried the dress on for him. Shira also got talked into trying on a dress that she also got. Later after Erik got off work, we all met at Roscoes (our new favorite place to eat) for dinner. Gary picked up the tab, so it was a very expensive day for him. If Erik and Jamie get the date they want, the Sunday of Memorial weekend next year, we can get started on all the other things that go with planning a wedding. I am so excited!!!!!

No comments: