Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow, is it over already?? We had a great Thanksgiving. The house was full of fun and good food. There was lots of family and great friends. There is a recipe exchange going on now because of the side dishes that were brought. I have a frig full of leftovers and hope everybody stops by this weekend to make a turkey sandwich and have a piece of pie. My brother Steve and his wife Stacey and daughter Kyla were here from Sacramento. We went to Knotts yesterday with them and it was so fun. I took Garin with us and he was hysterical on the Dragon Swing ride. Erik and Jamie took him on it the first time and his facial expressions make me laugh everytime I think about them. He went from holding onto the bar and grinnning from ear to ear to holding them both by the arms and had a look of sheer terror. That didn't stop him from going on again. Steve got him to go on with him later in the day and he and Steve both had their arms in the air almost the whole ride. The only thing that saved Erik or Jamie from taking Garin on some of the other rides was the fact that he was too short, by an inch. While we were waiting for a sign to be finished that Erik and Jamie got, we decided to go on the Calico train ride. It took some serious convincing to get Garin to go on that one because he kept saying "No!! there are 49ers in there". He was scared. I remember his mom told me about something about that a while back, but I have to ask her again. We went on, he was fine. We had a very long day and ended it at Lucille's BBQ with dinner with Steve, Stacey and Kyla. Now, today is back to the grind and to start my Christmas shopping. I had so many ideas when I had no money and now that I have some to start shopping, the ideas seem stupid. Today Kim turns the big 50. I wish I could look like her when I was 30. Happy Birthday KIM!!!!.. I have known her since she was 18 and I always thought her birthday was on the 30th and this year she told me it is on the 29th, same as Anna Mae. I have always said, when I make a mistake I stick to it. I even called Brooke and Tyler's baby Joseph up until last week, his name is Joshua. Well, I have to go and put away all the dishes and the few Thanksgiving decorations and start on the Christmas ones. I love Christmas decorations and I hear that Santa may make an appearance here next Sunday.......

No comments: