Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Day After Christmas

All I can say is, if you had half as good a Christmas as I had, then you had a GREAT Christmas. I was so happy all day long. The weather was crap, but we still had, or I still had, the nicest day. For the first time in forever, we were just our family. Erik and Jamie got their gifts from Santa first because they were here. Jamie got a cute pink beach cruiser that she couldn't ride because it was raining outside. I had to laugh thinking of her and all the other little kids in the neighborhood riding their new bikes from Santa up and down the street. After they left, I got busy getting the dinner stuff ready and before I knew it, Alex, Jamie and Aiden were here. Aiden was a ball of fire. SO excited about the whole thing. His new favorite movie is WallE and he got to have it on the big TV. We sacraficed Aiden to go wake up Uncle Tyler who had worked the graveyard shift and was still sleeping. Tyler was happy to get up, he wanted to open presents too!! Tyler was a little bummed because Shelley was with her family for a Christmas lunch in San Diego. Shelley got here with her parents in time for dinner. BUT, before dinner, they got their gift from Santa and it was worth the wait for Tyler. Santa brought them a 40 inch tv. I hope that it gets put to good use at Shelley's house, why keep it in a box until they have their own place?? I got a new camera, a total shock, and I love it. It is a Nikon with a big lense. It is old school enough for me because I have to use the viewfinder, but is still digital so that I can see the pics on a screen, I love it. I had asked Santa for a small George Foreman grill with interchangable plates and I got this HUGE one from Erik and Jamie, can't wait to use it. AND thanks to Alex, Jamie and Aiden, I have the perfect buffet server. I am so excited about the next party so that I can put it to use. I got a collage of pictures in a great frame of their latest family pictures. Rick will get to use his new accu-level to put it up today. Santa brought Rick a new blu-ray dvd player. The salvation army is going to love us when they pick up all the things we are replacing with newer versions next week. The only bummer I have to report is that my dryer is out of comission AGAIN. The guy isn't coming to fix it until Jan. 7th. OH YEA!!!!

No comments: