Thursday, March 20, 2008

Almost Done

Well, it is early Thursday morning and Rick and Erik just went to bed after a marathon night of painting. I LOVE the color, and now my work is beginning. Jamie, Erik's girlfriend, bless her heart, was here painting right along side them. I was the lazy bitch, I don't paint. As Angela once put it, someone has to be hospitality and clean-up!! Myself and the kids are in the back room waiting for the floor guys to get here. Now that there is going to be new floors and the walls are all painted, I really don't want to put the old furniture back in. On another note, Ricks company "last hurrah" dinner was this last weekend. They sold out and this was a dinner to thank all the employees for sticking with them. They were profitable and the good thing is that all of the employess are still working there. No one lost out on this deal. Long story as to why. The one funny thing that happened there was that when we were gathering with just the partners and wives, I had to laugh. 12 years ago we were all non-stop energy, throwing down drinks and talking about all the fun things, ie water skiing, etc. we do. Well, there wasn't one of us that wasn't recovering from one sort of surgery or another, mostly part replacements or reconstruction. I was telling them that when I was in my 30's my motto was "LIVE HARD, DIE YOUNG AND HAVE A GOOD LOOKING CORPSE" that isn't funny anymore!!!! Well, I hear someone at my new front door, gotta go. Please come by and see all the work, all 8 of you that read this.

1 comment:

Jamie B said...

Where are all the before and after photos??? HEHEHE Love ya!