Monday, March 24, 2008

The Day After

Yesterday was a great day. Although it started out a little rough, it ended nicely. We had the usual griping as the last minute cleaning was going on, but I ignore it. The only thing that didn't go as I planned was the egg hunt. The guy across the street just couldn't get the concept of an organized egg hunt. I know it is all me, but I always want to know who is "hunting" because I have this thing about fairness with kids. I don't have the eggs just tossed out on the lawn and then let it be a free-for-all. No matter how many kids there are there is 12 for each of them. I mainly have prizes and put pieces of paper in the eggs with the prize written on it. My friends have helped by picking up small things for the hunt for me all year long, so I am able to do this. Well, Richard, his American name he his Chinese, told me that they may not make it. OK, the invite says egg hunt at 4, but we waited for kids that I knew were coming but still weren't there. At the time of the hunt, I had told the kids that they could "find" 19 each because the kids from across the street weren't coming. The 4 and older go in the front yard and the under 4 have their egg hunt in the back. Well, when the hunt started in the front, Richards kids plus a cousin came racing across the street and not only preceded to grab eggs in the front, but then came into the back and were grabbing them there. All the while Richard is filming the whole thing with a huge smile on his face. I kept trying to explain to him how it was supposed to be, but he just didn't get it. Next year I know to call him ahead of the hunt. He is a very nice guy and he would be totally embaressed if he ever got it. Aiden was adorable, he made me a heart with a N in the middle of it for "Nana". I will treasure it forever. The annual knock-out game came to a screeching halt when he wanted to play with Uncle E on the court and nobody cared, it was too much fun just watching him. Those big guys sure do cheat at knock-out. It is fun to watch. Now, I have to clean again and I am looking forward to friends coming back over tonight for leftovers. I hope there is some left so that I can make my version of flautas for my boys. By Wednesday, I will have all of the new furniture that Rick bought, I am so happy!! It finally is starting look like a house that someone lives in.

No comments: