Monday, September 8, 2008

Football is FINALLY here

I am so glad that the NFL has gotten started. This weekend was awesome, so many games. Lots of surprises, mega hits, great catches and throws. I love the fact that Brett Favre won with his new team the Jets, but was sorry to see Brady get hurt. It will effect that team A LOT. It is like Tiger Woods not playing golf, who wants to watch?? Tonight, there are two games. Lucky me I will be at home when the first game starts at 4. Yesterday we made another stab at having a BBQ. I was so happy that there were about 18 people coming, so off to the store I went. Then in the afternoon, the calls started coming. The decliners all had good excuses, but I was bummed because I was really looking forward to seeing them. We had a nice small BBQ and I really enjoyed it. We had great food, great company, whats not to like?? Rick is high on Larry's list, but not on Cindy's. Larry is diabetic and Cindy has a hell of a time trying to control his sugar intake. I made a butter cake and Cindy gave Larry a piece and when he asked for more she told him he was already over his limit. Well, Rick came along and while he was cutting a piece for himself, Larry slid his plate over and Rick cut him a big hunk. Larry was like a 4 year old, he was eating it as fast as he could before Cindy caught him, which she did. He was grinning from ear to ear, so funny. Jamie's parents also came and we got a chance to really visit, loved it. My neighbors, Eddie and Barbara made it for dessert. We still need to pray for Barbara, she is not doing well. I can not imagine how they are dealing with this, it is heartbreaking. Now, today I am going to redo some cupboards, and go thru material AGAIN. Does anyone have a remedy for dog digging?? Every sure fire thing I buy at the pet store doesn't work. Payton has decided that there is one spot she needs to keep clear. It is where our possum buddy dug up a few weeks ago and Payton keeps going back to it. Payton will be 2 on Wednesday, that is supposed to be the magic number for dog bad behaviour to end, we shall see. Well, I now have to decide if I want a leftover burger or cheesecake for lunch, I love being an adult!!!

No comments: