Monday, September 15, 2008

My Weekend

I really couldn't think of anything catchy, so this is what I did over the weekend, just giving you fair warning so you can get away now. We were supposed to see a taping of the tv show Two and a Half Men on Friday, but it got canceled. That was OK, everybody wanted to go, but then it wasn't a big deal not to. So, we made plans to go to the Yard House and experience Happy Hour. Well, not so happy, there were a load of people waiting to get in when Jamie and her parents went over to get a table for us all. So, we ended up at Chili's where I convinced the waitress to let us have the Happy Hour prices for beers and appetizers even though we were in the restaurant. It was us, the Caccavale's and the Kidneys. We all really enjoyed ourselves. Then on Saturday, we went to Ricks' company picnic. It was all right, no big thrill. BUT, after we got to see Aiden, so that made it worth it. We all went to Rubios and I loved watching Aiden be Aiden, running around the fountain and making friends with the kids who were there to enjoy the night also. Alex and Jamie have one great little boy. Last night we met the Caccavale's, the Blanks and Erik and Jamie at Roscoes. We love that place. Shira and I got the Stairmaster sandwich, gosh it was good. As always, everybody had to get a to go box. The waiter made me mad because I told him to NOT let Gary grab the bill. We all wanted to pay our share, but the dope gave to him anyway. He said Gary "made" him. Yeah, right. Oh well, this is what we have been doing for a while, Rick and Gary taking turns paying for dinner, but I think Gary is ahead. Now Charlie is in the mix. Aiden starts soccer tomorrow, it is his first practice. I can't wait to see the pictures.

No comments: