Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Payton is 2 Today

Today is Payton's 2nd birthday. I think I am the only one who cares. Last night we had a good size group for Sandra's, but ended up leaving there and going over ot Roscoes. So much for a cheap dinner. We got there first and when the girl sat us, she informed us that was no alchohol allowed. The owners, Oscar and Sandra, bought out their partner in the restaurant so had to get a new liquor licnese with just their names. Well, between the expiration of the old one and the mail system, the new license wasn't on the premises. OK, not a big deal, we drink soda. When the waiter came over and told us that there weren't going to be free refills on the soda if we were getting the 99 cent tacos. Are you kidding me??????? That was the crushing blow. After everybody got there, we decided to go over to Roscoes instead. Our waiter Joe said he didn't blame us, it was the manager's decision. I ran into Oscar at Sam's this morning and told him what happened about the soda and why we left and he was mortified. I think the manager may get a few choice words today. Oscar told me that free sodas was the least that they could have done, the manager basically shoved business out the door. We sat on the patio at Roscoes and had a great visit with everybody, perfect evening for it. Besides us, the Starrs were there, the Kidneys, Tim Daly and even Tyler came and his friend Chris was there also. Grandpa Tim had a little photo album with pics of Patrick Joseph Daly. What a beautiful baby boy. Well, I need to go and figure out what to have for dinner, I am such a sucky meal cooker. I can do party dishes, but day to day, I stink!

No comments: