Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BOO!!!!! Football is done!!!!

Well, the last game for the season has come and gone. I am so bummed!!!! There is the pro bowl, but that doesn't really count. We had a Super Bowl party here and it was GREAT!!! There were lots of people and some even watched the game. There were more crock-pots here than I have ever seen in my LIFE. Everybody brought something and it was a Super Spread!. (ha ha) I learned a few things for next year, yes this is as annual as our Easter party. I am not going to wait until half-time to serve the chili, I am just going to have it all out. Some people brought great salads and they were eaten before the chili came out. Jon won $140 in the pools, so it is a guarantee he will be back. I forgot to put out obvious stuff, like forks and spoons. What a dork!!. Now, on to planning the family shower for Jamie and Erik. As soon as I find out the way they want it, I can go ahead and ask Jamie to create the invite and I can plan center pieces, etc. I am not crafty at all, so I am going to be buying a lot of pre-made things, unless they want a beachy theme. Heck, Home Depot sells sand!!!!! Then after that is Easter, their wedding, family shower for Tyler and Shelly, their wedding, and then Rick's 60th. I will be so bored next year. I finally finished the quilt for the lady going into the hospital and as I am typing this, she is undergoing surgery on her heart. She cried when I gave her the quilt yesterday, made me feel good, hopefully it was because she liked the job I did. Her name is Delia Gonzales, so when you say your prayers, please ask for her recovery. Her surgery was on the heart itself. Scary stuff.
Now, onto some blankets that I have been waiting to work on. I need to take advantage of the week when Ayden from next store isn't here. He is TOTALLY 2 and there is no rest for the wicked when he is around.

No comments: