Monday, July 14, 2008

Highs and Lows

Well, the biggest high for today, Monday, is that we FINALLY have hot water, no more ice showers!! Rick got the new hot water heater in yesterday afternoon. It took a few days, but the wait is over. The low is that my mom is in a nursing home. I really am glad that it happened, she so needed that kind of care. The low is that she wants to go home and it isn't going to happen. Today, Robin is going to go and talk to the doctor there and get her moved to the other side of the coded door. It all happened so fast, her leaving the hospital to the home, that we haven't even had time to get any info. We were told that she would be in the hospital for a few more days, then suddenly it was she is being moved to the nursing home now and it happened late Saturday night. Of course no doctors were available on Sunday to give us any answers, so today is the day. I am waiting for the Medi Cal lady to call me, I have been told that she will call and not to call her again. Oh well, can't fight city hall. I have all the forms, but I am glad that she will take care of it, then it will be done right the first time and things can get started. Ultimately, we are hoping to get my mom into a assisted living place, although she seems content where she is. Yesterday I told her that there were a bunch of cats hanging out on the patios, so she is looking forward to going out with kitty treats. Well, the natives should all be here soon. The great thing about the kids during the week is that they wear Payton out and she sleeps thru the night, otherwise at 2 am she is bugging me for company. I have new quilt block patterns that I have been working on thanks to Vicky. I love them and have used up a lot of my extra material making a quilt for my mom to have at the home. Just a little bit of something that no one else has there. OK, enough of my dull life.

No comments: