Sunday, July 6, 2008

No Real Title

Can't think of anything that I think is clever, so this has no title. I hope everybody had a safe 4th and had a lot of fun. We went to Gary and Colleen's house and BBQ'D and watched fireworks from her front yard. They live at the end of a very long cul-de-sac and have the perfect spot for watching everyone elses stuff go off. They also had a zillion dollars worth of legal fireworks that the neighbor kid set off for our entertainment. There was more illegal air stuff this year and they were really cool. Besides us, Dave and Joyce and Dave and Rose were also there. I made a dessert for the first time and it was deemed a keeper, so into the book I keep threatening to print it goes. Yesterday was Krista's, Linda's daughter, wedding in a backyard in Norco. Because of the heat. no one was really looking forward to it at all, but the weather gods were with us and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It was very nice and Krista and Todd look very happy. It was a lot of work for Linda, so thank you. On the other hand, the owner of the house will be talked about for quite a while. To say she was odd is being nice. We were all sitting at our tables talking and trying to hydrate ourselves, when she came around and passed out her business cards. What!!! She then really made an impression on us when she came around later in the evening and asked me to help her clean up the tables. I ignored her and then she came back and loudly said that she would appreciate it if we would all help her. As she was picking up glasses and emptying them right there at the table, she threw water on Jamie's foot. OK weirdo we are outta here!!! We then took about 20 minutes to say our good-byes to everybody, it is always great to see the family, then headed home. The texting then started between me and Kim and Erik, Jamie and Kim. What a riot. Erik and Kim were picking teams for a water fight, too funny. I almost wished the trip home was longer because it was really entertaining and fun. Kim HAD to rub it in that they were almost home in paradise where the temps reach 78* instead of starting out that hot. On the 4th we were texting back and forth, me wiping my brow and she was taunting me that she had to go find a sweater. This weekend all in all was a lot of fun. Alex, Jamie and Aiden were also at the wedding and Aiden had a great time with his cousin Spencer. Aiden is gettting to be such a little man. Alex and Erik were so handsome and Jamie and Jamie were just gorgeous, I am so proud of them all. I hope we do something today with family, I am in the mood for Roscoes!!!!

No comments: