Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Day After

Yep, I am sitting here wondering how in the hell did I get so old. Last night we went to a surprise party for Uncle Greg's 60th. 60!!!!!! I am not supposed to have friends that old because I am not old. Of course, neither is Greg. We had a great time watching some REALLY bad kareokee (spelled right?) I guess if you drink enough courage you think you can sing. There were a couple of people that were pretty good, but the rest of them were just flat out having a great time. It was so good to see some of the Chapin family that I don't get to see often enough. The weather basically cooperated until into the evening the humidity decided to show up. Well, at least I am blaming the humidity. Kristi was the PERFECT hostess. She went around with a fistful of clips and scrunchies to all of the women and pretty soon, everybody's hair was up on their head. Earlier, Kristi went around with this apron on that had 6 pockets in it and all were full of beers, waters, sodas and she was carrying a pitcher of Mai Tai's. She is too organized for me. She was as cool as a cucumber about anything and everything, I have to say, I have never seen her blow a gasket. Thank you Kristi and Charlie for a great party. Now this afternoon we are going to Chip's house to celebrate his baby girl, Victoria engagement and 21st birthday. I am making a new dessert to take, what better victims than my in-laws. Well, I still get one more day off and then school is back!!!! Also, tomorrow Hawk Chapin will be born. What luck that Kaleigh, Brock's wife, gets to have labor on Labor Day.

No comments: