Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Monday

Well, how was your weekend?? I had a pretty good time, even though Friday night started out crappy. All of the Friday night Tony crowd either were out of town or just didn't make it, I miss the visits. When we got home, EARLY, Erik came in from work surprised to find us there. He told us Jamie and himself were meeting her parents for a late dinner. Well, out of sympathy I am sure, we were asked if we wanted to join them. SURE!! We love our future in-laws and were glad to get together. We had drinks with them, they ate dinner and then we came home. Well, half-way thru the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, the TV goes out. YEA!!!!!!!!! I Tivo'd the ceremony, so it is not a big deal. I just wanted to see the show. I could care less about the march of athletes. Rick brought out a 19" tv and hooked it up so that at least we could glance at it while we are SUPPOSED to be getting ready for this Sunday's wedding shower here. It is a crack-up, this dink of a tv is in front of our larger one on a tv tray. How trailer is this???? We got to see Vicky , Greg and their family Saturday. I LOVE them. We were there for a baby shower for their oldest son, Brock and his wife Kaleigh. The food, beer and company was great. We stayed into the night, watching drunk bachi ball and visiting some more. I found out early in the evening that Kristi's husband Chalio, I call him Charlie, came out to our table earlier with the intention of a drinking contest. This was unknown to me, and I have no idea who won!! I am willing to place a bet though. Then yesterday, the cleaning began!!! Rick is STILL working on getting things back into the garage, it has only been since Thursday, July 31st. Color me surprised!!!! Brock is coming on Wednesday to return Colleen's chairs and is going to steam clean our cement, so Rick has to finish by then. Jamie brought her dog Rook over to play with Payton, they have a blast chasing each other around. After Jamie left,we had Wendy's food out on the lawn at 9:30, how healthy is that? I have no kids today, so I can get some stuff done that I could not do if I had to referee the kids. Then tomorrow is Tuesday!!!!! YEA Taco Tuesday!! I am looking forward to seeing Cindy and Larry, they were vacationing last week so we missed them. They are our Tuesday night dates. After Gary finishes his backyard, they can get back into the swing of things again and rejoin us. He has put in a lot of work and it is looking really good, I am jealous. Well, I could sit here all day, but I need to take advantage of the emptiness. Hey Charlie, 2 more for me and 1 for you. HA HA

No comments: